|Full Name||Dr. B M Mainul Hossain|
|Qualification||PhD, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA|
|Google Scholar Profile|
Dr. B M Mainul Hossain is an Associate Professor at the Institute of Information Technology (IIT), University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. He received his Ph.D. degree in computer science from the University of Illinois at Chicago, USA. Before that, he earned his Bachelor's and Master's degrees from the Department of Computer Science & Engineering, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. He has the experience of working both in industry and academia. He worked as a Software Engineer in Microsoft Corporation (Redmond, USA) & Accenture Technology Lab (Chicago & California). His core areas of interest are Machine Learning, Computer & Internet Security, and Software Testing. He has been leading many research projects and serving as an advisor in various private and public organizations including the Government of Bangladesh. Dr. Mainul had presented and attended many international conferences and workshops in different countries including the USA, Russia, Luxembourg, South Korea, and Japan.
Machine Learning, Computer and Internet Security, Software Testing
1. Asadullah Hill Galib and B M Mainul Hossain "Significant API Calls in Android Malware Detection." The 32nd International Conference on Software Engineering & Knowledge Engineering (SEKE 2020) Pittsburgh, USA: 2020 .
2. P. Mandal and B M M. Hossain, "Clustering-based Bangla spell checker," 2017 IEEE International Conference on Imaging, Vision & Pattern Recognition (icIVPR), Dhaka, 2017, pp. 1-6. doi: 10.1109/ICIVPR.2017.7890878
3. Mark Grechanik, B M Mainul Hossain. Enhancing Performance And Reliability of Rule Management Platforms, Proceedings of the 6th ACM/SPEC International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE), Austin, Texas, USA, February, 2015
4. B M Mainul Hossain, Mark Grechanik, Ugo Buy, Haisheng Wang. REDACT: preventing database deadlocks from application-based transactions, Proceedings of the 2013 9th Joint Meeting on Foundations of Software Engineering (FSE), Saint Petersburg, Russia, August 18-26, 2013
5. Mark Grechanik, B M Mainul Hossain and Ugo Buy. Testing Database-Centric Applications For Causes ofDatabase Deadlocks, Sixth IEEE International Conference on Software Testing (ICST), Verification and Validation, Luxembourg, March 2013.
6. Sangmin Park, Ishtiaque Hussain, Christoph Csallner, Kunal Taneja, B M Mainul Hossain, Mark Grechanik, Chen Fu and Qing Xie. CarFast: Achieving Higher Statement Coverage Faster, ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (FSE), Research Triangle Park, NC, USA, November 2012.
7. Ishtiaque Hussain, Christoph Csallner, Mark Grechanik, Chen Fu, Qing Xie, Sangmin Park, Kunal Taneja and B M Mainul Hossain. Evaluating program analysis and testing tools with the RUGRAT random benchmark application generator, 10th International Workshop on Dynamic Analysis (WODA), Minneapolis, MN, USA, July 2012.
1. Partho Protim Dey, , Nadia Nahar, B M Mainul Hossain, Forecasting Stock Market Trend Using Machine Learning Algorithms With Technical Indicators International Journal of Information Technology and Computer Science; 2020; Vol 12(3); Pages 32-38
2. Khandaker Mamun Ahmed, Prianka Mandal and B M Mainul Hossain : Text to Speech Synthesis for Bangla Language, International Journal of Information Engineering and Electronic Business , vol.11 , pp.1-9 , 2019 .
3. Kishan Kumar Ganguly, Nadia Nahar and B M Mainul Hossain : A machine learning-based prediction and analysis of flood-affected households: A case study of floods in Bangladesh, International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction (IJDRR), ISSN 2212-4209, DOI:10.1016/j.ijdrr.2018.12.002 (impact factor:2.568) , vol.34 , no.2019 , pp.283-294 , 2019 .
4. Protim Dey, Nadia Nahar, B M Mainul Hossain, News Impact on Stock Trend, I.J. Education and Management Engineering, 2019, 6, 40-49 DOI: 10.5815/ijeme.2019.06.05
5. Md. Mostafijur Rahman, Shanto Rahman, Rayhanur Rahman, B M Mainul Hossain and Mohammad Shoyaib, “DTCTH: a discriminative local pattern descriptor for image classification” EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing 2017, Springer International Publishing, DOI: 10.1186/s13640-017-0178-1.
6. Lutfun Nahar Lota, B M Mainul Hossain,"A Systematic Literature Review on SMS Spam Detection Techniques", International Journal of Information Technology and Computer Science(IJITCS), Vol.9, No.7, pp.42-50, 2017. DOI: 10.5815/ijitcs.2017.07.05.
7. S.M. Sofiqul Islam, Emon Kumar Dey, Md. Nurul Ahad Tawhid, B M Mainul Hossain, “A CNN Based Approach for Garments Texture Design Classification”, Advances in Technology Innovation, vol. 2, no. 4, 2017, pp. 119 – 125
8. Prianka Mandal, B M Mainul Hossain,"A Systematic Literature Review on Spell Checkers for Bangla Language", International Journal of Modern Education and Computer Science(IJMECS), Vol.9, No.6, pp.40-47, 2017.DOI: 10.5815/ijmecs.2017.06.06.
9. Md. Masudur Rahman, Md. Rayhanur Rahman, B M Mainul Hossain,"Recommendation of Move Method Refactoring to Optimize Modularization Using Conceptual Similarity", International Journal of Information Technology and Computer Science(IJITCS), Vol.9, No.6, pp.34-42, 2017. DOI: 10.5815/ijitcs.2017.06.05.
10. Abdus Satter, B M Mainul Hossain,"Vulnerabilities Assessment of Emerging Web-based Services in Developing Countries", International Journal of Information Engineering and Electronic Business (IJIEEB), Vol.8, No.5, pp.1-8, 2016. DOI: 10.5815/ijieeb.2016.05.01.
11. Ishtiaque Hussain, Christoph Csallner, Mark Grechanik, Qing Xie, Sangmin Park, Kunal Taneja, B M Mainul Hossain. RUGRAT: Evaluating program analysis and testing tool and compilers with large generated random benchmark applications, Journal: Software: Practice and Experience, 2014
Machine Learning, Secured Software System, Advanced Networking, Applied Data Science, Advanced Object-Oriented Programming, Software Testing, Data Structures & Algorithms, Database Management Systems.
2016 © IIT. Developed by BSSE 3rd Batch.