|Full Name||Dr Emon Kumar Dey|
|Google Scholar Profile|
I received PhD from Griffith University, Australia in 2022. My research mainly provides solutions to automated building extraction and their evaluation using LiDAR point cloud data, image, or fusion. I have also research interest in object extraction and classification, remote sensing data analysis and classification using machine learning and/or traditional approaches.
- LiDAR point cloud data processing
- Building Extraction
- Image Processing
- Pattern Recognition
- Machine Learning
1. Dey, Emon Kumar, Mohammad Awrangjeb, Fayez Tarsha Kurdi, and Bela Stantic. "Building Boundary Extraction from LiDAR Point Cloud Data." In 2021 Digital Image Computing: Techniques and Applications (DICTA), pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2021.
2. Kurdi, Fayez Tarsha, Zahra Gharineiat, Glenn Campbell, Emon Kumar Dey, and Mohammad Awrangjeb. "Full Series Algorithm of Automatic Building Extraction and Modelling From LiDAR Data." In 2021 Digital Image Computing: Techniques and Applications (DICTA), pp. 01-08. IEEE, 2021.
3. Dey, Emon Kumar, Mohammad Awrangjeb, and Bela Stantic. "An unsupervised outlier detection method for 3D point cloud data." In IGARSS 2019-2019 IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium, pp. 2495-2498. IEEE, 2019.
4. Islam, S. S., Rahman, S., Rahman, M. M., Dey, E. K., & Shoyaib, M. (2016, May). Application of deep learning to computer vision: A comprehensive study. In Informatics, Electronics and Vision (ICIEV), 2016 5th International Conference on (pp. 592-597). IEEE.
5. Amil, F. M., Rahman, M. M., Rahman, S., Dey, E. K., & Shoyaib, M. (2016, May). Bilateral histogram equalization with pre-processing for contrast enhancement. In Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Networking and Parallel/Distributed Computing (SNPD), 2016 17th IEEE/ACIS International Conference on (pp. 231-236). IEEE.
6. Rahman, M. M., Rahman, S., Kamal, M., Abdullah-Al-Wadud, M., Dey, E. K., & Shoyaib, M. (2015, December). Noise adaptive binary pattern for face image analysis. In Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT), 2015 18th International Conference On (pp. 390-395). IEEE.
7. Sustainable Implementation of Agent Banking Management in Rural Areas of Bangladesh to Evade Financial Fragility among Unbanked People (mfac2015)
8. Dey, E.K.; Muctadir, H.M., "Chest X-ray analysis to detect mass tissue in lung," Informatics, Electronics & Vision (ICIEV), 2014 International Conference on , vol., no., pp.1,5, 23-24 May 2014 doi: 10.1109/ICIEV.2014.6850788
9. Imran, Asif, Emon Kumar Dey, and Kazi Sakib. "Active-Threaded Algorithms for Provenance Cognition in the Cloud preserving Low Overhead and Fault Tolerance." arXiv preprint arXiv:1409.5552 (2014).
1. Tarsha Kurdi, Fayez, Zahra Gharineiat, Glenn Campbell, Mohammad Awrangjeb, and Emon Kumar Dey. "Automatic Filtering of Lidar Building Point Cloud in Case of Trees Associated to Building Roof." Remote Sensing 14, no. 2 (2022): 430.
2. Dey, Emon Kumar, Fayez Tarsha Kurdi, Mohammad Awrangjeb, and Bela Stantic. "Effective selection of variable point neighbourhood for feature point extraction from aerial building point cloud data." Remote Sensing 13, no. 8 (2021): 1520.
3. Dey, Emon Kumar, and Mohammad Awrangjeb. "A robust performance evaluation metric for extracted building boundaries from remote sensing data." IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing 13 (2020): 4030-4043.
4. Emon Kumar Dey., Mohammad Awrangjeb, & Bela Stantic (2020). Outlier detection and robust plane fitting for building roof extraction from LiDAR data. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 41(16), 6325-6354.
5. Rahman, Md Atikur, and Emon Kumar Dey. "Datasets for aspect-based sentiment analysis in bangla and its baseline evaluation." Data 3, no. 2 (2018): 15.
6. Tawhid, Md Nurul Ahad, and Emon Kumar Dey. "A gender recognition system from facial image." International Journal of Computer Applications 180, no. 23 (2018): 5-14.
7. Islam, S. S., Dey, E. K., Tawhid, M. N. A., & Hossain, B. M. (2017). A CNN Based Approach for Garments Texture Design Classification. Advances in Technology Innovation, 2(4), 119-125.
8. Amil, F. M., Rahman, S., Rahman, M. M., & Dey, E. K. (2016). Bilateral Histogram Equalization for Contrast Enhancement. International Journal of Software Innovation (IJSI), 4(4), 15-34.
9. Dey, E. K., Tawhid, M. N. A., & Shoyaib, M. (2015). An automated system for garment texture design class identification. Computers, 4(3), 265-282.
10. Rahman, M. M., Rahman, S., Dey, E. K., & Shoyaib, M. (2015). A gender recognition approach with an embedded preprocessing. International Journal of Information Technology and Computer Science (IJITCS), 7(7), 19.
11. Dey, Emon Kumar, Mohsin Khan, and Md Haider Ali. "Computer Vision-Based Gender Detection from Facial Image." International Journal of Advanced Computer Science 3.8 (2013).
12. Dey, Emon Kumar, Mohsin Khan, and Ishtiaque Hossain. "Multiple Pedestrian Detection in Real-Time." International Journal of Advanced Computer Science 3.10 (2013).
13. Real Time Pedestrian Detection by Contour Matching
As an Assistant Professor, IIT, DU: Artificial Intelligence; Pattern Recognition and Image Processing; Parallel Computing; Strategic Management; Operating Systems
As a Casual Academic: School of ICT, Griffith University, Australia: Database Design; Software Development
As a Lecturer, IIT, DU: Database Management System; Simulation Modeling and Stochastic Process; Parallel Computing
As a Guest Faculty in EWU, NSU, ULAB, AUST: Algorithm; Programming; Database; Introduction to Computer
Room no. 404
Institute of Information Technology
University of Dhaka, Dhaka 1000
E-mail : email@example.com
2016 © IIT. Developed by BSSE 3rd Batch.